Home Cloud Account Management Support Forums Downloads About Us  

Blue Alligator Support Forums

Support for the Blue Alligator applications

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-07-26 13:49:28

Geoff

Data uploading and Field

Hi
I have managed to set my "Reps" so that it works, My Locations work, My images are OK.  My products codes and descriptions are OK......however, I can't see :-
1. Any other data about my products.  eg prices minimums etc, etc
2. No customers at all
3. I can change a few details about a product...upload file.....process file.  Then go to my ipad and download from the cloud...however it doesn't change
4. I can make changes to my Locations file ...upload file.....process file.  Then go to my ipad and download from the cloud...however it doesn't change.

I have Forced a full Download many times and it doesn't seem to change anything.
Any ideas please

#2 2011-07-26 16:35:33

admin
Administrator

Re: Data uploading and Field

I can see that your last "Download from Cloud" was performed on the iPad within a minute of the "Process files" process finishing.

Can you force one more download on your iPad now and let us know the result. Given the data that you currently have uploaded, you should have 1350 products and 4 customers on the iPad.

I'm beginning to suspect there may be a timing issue (I'm assuming your iPad time is correct and not running fast).

If you can confirm that a forced download now gives you the expected data, we'll investigate the possible timing issue further.

As far as product pricing information goes, the pricing fields in the CSV files will need to be numeric. Therefore currency symbols should be omitted otherwise your prices will appear as zero on the iPad.

#3 2011-07-26 22:14:04

Geoff

Thanks for the help.  I have completed another Force a Full download....products are 1350(as before), however still no customers. As I am in Australia I tried adjusting my clock back 6 hours....still no customers.  Tried adjusting it back 10 hours....still no customers.  Tried adjusting it back 9 hours (to allow for your daylight saving adjustment)...still no customers.

#4 2011-07-26 22:31:59

Geoff

Adjusted my prices to numerials..and then did a download (not full) and at Brisbane local time ...and prices now on products.  Thanks for that, however doesn't explain no customers....although timing seems OK

#5 2011-07-26 23:01:24

Geoff

AAAAggghh. Added Rep field and customers now appear.   This is mostly good.  However don't want to allocate reps to customers.  Want any rep to see all customers and any rep to write orders for any customer. Could you please tell me how to setup files so thiswill happen.

#6 2011-07-27 09:39:01

admin
Administrator

With regard to timings, I didn't mean there was possibly an issue with time zones, rather that there may be an issue if an iPad is running a few minutes fast and someone performs a download immediately after the "process files" process finishes.

I've taken another look at your setup, re customers, and what has actually happened is that you've used the "set rep" option in the devices list on your cloud account to restrict the iPad to only viewing customers for a single rep.

You need to use the "set rep" option again, this time choosing "-" from the drop down list to clear the restriction. That iPad will then be able to view and work with all customers.

Note: after changing the rep restriction for an iPad you need to force a full download on that iPad.

Board footer

Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, iPod touch, iPad and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
© Copyright 2009 - Blue Alligator Company Limited. All rights reserved.