Home Cloud Account Management Support Forums Downloads About Us  

Blue Alligator Support Forums

Support for the Blue Alligator applications

You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » General
  •  » New Rep - How Does This Affect Customer Data on Reps Local Devices?

#1 2023-01-06 15:21:02

MarkJardinopia

New Rep - How Does This Affect Customer Data on Reps Local Devices?

I am the Sales Manager - I have a new Rep who is going to take over some of the accounts currently under my wing.

So I'll just change the RepCode reference in CustomerAccounts.csv and upload.

However, when all Reps next download data, will this updated customer list not completely overwrite what is on their iPads? What happens to the new customers that each Rep has added locally, that they added to my original customer list when we started using Blue Alligator last September?

And would that affect the Order History they have locally too?

#2 2023-01-10 09:26:20

admin
Administrator

Re: New Rep - How Does This Affect Customer Data on Reps Local Devices?

Downloading data won't affect any data that has been created locally on the iPad (new customers, orders, customer notes). The only time this data will disappear is if the "Reset database" option is used in SalesPresenter on a device.

#3 2023-07-20 13:01:38

MAX_UK

i need help to setting up the reps Execution

#4 2023-07-21 14:17:24

admin
Administrator

We're not sure what you're asking for here. Can you describe what you're trying to set up?

#5 2023-07-21 15:09:06

MAX_UK

hi sir i need to set up Rep Exclusion file.  it means rep can see only some items . what i add in excel sheet.  pls how to upload explain pls

#6 2023-07-21 15:46:14

admin
Administrator

To restrict certain products from certain reps, you'll want to maintain a Product Group Rep Exclusions file. The contents of this file and how it works are described in the SalesPresenterImportFileFormats document found in the Downloads section of this website - https://www.bacapps.co.uk/downloads.php (in the current version of this document, you'll find the section you need specifically at the bottom of page 23).

Once you've created the file as needed, you'll want to map the file, upload the file, and then map the fields for that file. These are detailed in Steps 4 through 6 in the SalesPresenterGettingStartedWithYourData document which is also found in the Downloads section of this website (same link as above).

Following the setup of the above, and performing a Process Files like you would when updating any data files, you can choose which devices to apply the Product Group Rep Exclusions to via the Registered Devices section of your cloud account. Simply hit the Edit Restrictions button on the device and toggle ON the "Apply Group/Rep Exclusions To This Device?" option. The next time the device performs a download, the changes will be applied to it.

Please refrain from submitting new posts on old/unrelated topics. Instead you should use the "Post new topic" option in the relevant forum section if you have a new question.

#7 2023-07-25 16:33:24

MAX_UK

I need to update the catalog as that some of ours products need to access by some reps.

Those reps will need to have access to all products as others.

In addition we are going to update for some reps which have access to our products. Please explain me how to work on it.

#8 2023-07-26 11:06:16

admin
Administrator

The list of all products, regardless of which reps should/shouldn't see them, should always be maintained in your Products CSV file that you upload to your cloud account. You then use the second file of Product Group Rep Exclusions as described above to restrict certain products from certain reps.

Details on how to upload files and what each file is able to contain can be found in the SalesPresenterGettingStartedWithYourData and SalesPresenterImportFileFormats documents respectively. Both of these documents can be found in the Downloads section of this website - https://www.bacapps.co.uk/downloads.php

#9 2023-07-27 19:02:53

MAX_UK

Hi Sir/madam Could You Please Demonstrate On How To Create Product Rep Exclusion File.

#10 2023-07-31 09:01:55

admin
Administrator

Our post from the 21st July on this forum thread describes the steps you need to take to get Product Group Rep Exclusions set up. Please refer to the documentation cited in that post for details on what your file should contain, and how to upload and map it in your cloud account.

The process of setting up this file type is the same process your company will have followed to get the other types of data such as Products and Customers uploaded to your cloud account in the past. If you're not familiar with this process yourself, we would recommend reading the entirety of the SalesPresenterGettingStartedWithYourData document to get a fundamental understanding of how your cloud account should be configured to work with your data.

• Index
  •  » General
  •  » New Rep - How Does This Affect Customer Data on Reps Local Devices?

Board footer

Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, iPod touch, iPad and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
© Copyright 2009 - Blue Alligator Company Limited. All rights reserved.