You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » General
  •  » When pressing Create New Order I get the Reports screen

#1 2023-03-23 14:16:12

info@jamesellis.com
Website

When pressing Create New Order I get the Reports screen

We're testing out Blue Alligator and it was working perfectly.  Today, for some reason, whenever I press create new order on the iPad it takes me to a Reports screen.  If I press back I go back to the Customer screen but I can't create a new order.  It's the same for all customers.

#2 2023-03-24 12:34:04

info@jamesellis.com
Website

Re: When pressing Create New Order I get the Reports screen

I solved this.  Strangely it started worked again when I corrected the file name used for the logo on my home screen.

#3 2023-03-24 12:55:50

admin
Administrator

We've been trying to replicate the issue described without success, but we're glad you've now got it working.

We'll keep trying to track down what might have happened so that we can ensure that other users don't encounter this same strange issue in the future.

#4 2023-03-24 12:59:05

info@jamesellis.com
Website

Ok, many thanks for your reply.

#5 2023-03-24 13:45:39

info@jamesellis.com
Website

Hmm, I spoke too soon.  I did a Force download to try and get the Family codes working and it's back again.  Any ideas?  (I can't get family codes working either).

#6 2023-03-24 15:05:20

admin
Administrator

Regarding the family codes, it looks like this isn't working due to the Field Mappings on the Products file type being misaligned.
I imagine you ran the Simple Setup option during your initial setup and began working with the template files, however since then you've removed a number of columns from the Products CSV file that you didn't want to use which has caused the mappings to no longer align.
If you go into the File Management > File Mappings section of your cloud account and then into the Field Mappings for the Products file type, you should see what I mean. You can fix the issue by correcting the mappings of the fields in this screen, or by reverting to using the template Products file.

As for the originally described issue, I hope to have an update for you on this shortly.

#7 2023-03-24 16:27:57

info@jamesellis.com
Website

That's sorted the Family Codes.  Many thanks.

#8 2023-03-24 17:02:40

admin
Administrator

We're still unable to replicate the issue with the Create New Order button that you've described.
Are you using your iPad in landscape or portrait mode? If you try pressing the button when in the opposite orientation does the issue persist?
Lastly, we'd advise you try updating your version of iOS to the latest available version - currently 16.3.1

#9 2023-03-27 09:52:41

info@jamesellis.com
Website

I've tried updating to 16.3.1 and I get the same problem in both portrait and landscape.  I think I'm going to trying resetting everything, re-uploading the files and deleting the app the re-installing.  If you have any other ideas then let me know.  Thanks.

#10 2023-03-27 12:29:07

info@jamesellis.com
Website

Sorry, this was me just being stupid.  I thought the Create New Order Button included the larger Reports button just below and I was pressing that.  Apologies.

• Index
  •  » General
  •  » When pressing Create New Order I get the Reports screen

Board footer

Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, iPod touch, iPad and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
© Copyright 2009 - Blue Alligator Company Limited. All rights reserved.