Support for the Blue Alligator applications

You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » General
  •  » Help setting up products catalogue for first time

#1 2022-03-16 15:19:07

soameinteriors

Help setting up products catalogue for first time

Hi, I am looking for some help with a few areas of setting up our Sales Presenter app

We are using Blue Alligator for the first time
I have so far imported:
Locations (OTR only)
Reps (one person only)
Family Codes
Products
Images

Our images have not linked with our products and are not appearing on our sales presenter app, any idea why? I uploaded an image for each product with the product code/SKU as the image file name. Our product codes (SKUs) have hyphens in them so I wondered if that could be why?

On the sales presenter app where do we view products by category that we have set up as 'family codes'? I can only see "All" on the iPad app.

Looking at a preview of an order compared to one of our suppliers who we knows uses you, we would like to remove the following columns from the order,
G. Price, Discount%, Due, Latest.
We would like to add N.Price
We would also like to hide reference to "total line discounts value"

We would also like to add a message at the bottom of the order that says something like "Many thanks for your order," where does this get entered?

I am also unsure on what QTY to enter in the products CSV regarding Qty per carton, Qty per pack, Qty per inner, DefOrdQty, MinOrdQty, OddMultiple

We have some items that come in boxes of 4, so 4 would be the minimum we would sell in, and we would also like to sell in qty's of 4, so we wouldn't sell 21 for example, it would be 20 or 24.
Other items come in boxes of 12 however these may be larger items so we are happy to sell them individually, I'd love some guidance around this. thanks

Thank you,
Jess

#2 2022-03-16 16:23:47

admin
Administrator

Re: Help setting up products catalogue for first time

Our images have not linked with our products and are not appearing on our sales presenter app, any idea why? I uploaded an image for each product with the product code/SKU as the image file name. Our product codes (SKUs) have hyphens in them so I wondered if that could be why?
- It looks like your images had trouble uploading. Can you try uploading them again? If the issue persists after you've uploaded them again, you can use the "E-mail" option on the left of this post to send a couple of your images to us directly so we can investigate further.

On the sales presenter app where do we view products by category that we have set up as 'family codes'? I can only see "All" on the iPad app.
- You seem to have got this working correctly, though the button is currently titled "Unused". If you press it you should see the family codes you've set up so far. You can change the titles of the family code buttons via the Configuration > General section of your cloud account.

Looking at a preview of an order compared to one of our suppliers who we knows uses you, we would like to remove the following columns from the order,
G. Price, Discount%, Due, Latest.
We would like to add N.Price
We would also like to hide reference to "total line discounts value"

- The columns that are displayed on the Order Acknowledgements (when you press the Preview button) can be set via the Configuration > Order Acknowledgement section of your cloud account. The following is also an option on the same configuration screen which is switched ON by default:

Print the total discount for the order

We would also like to add a message at the bottom of the order that says something like "Many thanks for your order," where does this get entered?
- You can configure up to 4 lines of additional text to show at the bottom of the order acknowledgements. These can be set via the Configuration > Order Types section of your cloud account (these configurations are found here since you may want them to differ depending on whether the user is creating an Order or Quote for instance).

I am also unsure on what QTY to enter in the products CSV regarding Qty per carton, Qty per pack, Qty per inner, DefOrdQty, MinOrdQty, OddMultiple
- The details of what each of the fields for each file mean and how they should be utilised can be found in the SalesPresenter Import File Formats document available in the Downloads section of the website - https://www.bacapps.co.uk/downloads.php

We have some items that come in boxes of 4, so 4 would be the minimum we would sell in, and we would also like to sell in qty's of 4, so we wouldn't sell 21 for example, it would be 20 or 24.
Other items come in boxes of 12 however these may be larger items so we are happy to sell them individually, I'd love some guidance around this. thanks

- The fields you mentioned above will be helpful for you to achieve this. If using the OrdMultiple field for your Box quantity for example, you can switch on the following option in the Configuration > Order Entry section of your cloud account:

By default, the plus and minus buttons during order entry increment and decrement the order quantity by one of the current ordering unit.
Tick this box if you want the buttons to alter the order quantity by the OrdMultiple value specified for the product instead

There are further options relating to this field (such as Warning/Stopping users from ordering quantities that are not a multiple of the OrdMultiple) and the other fields you mentioned which can be found in the Configuration > Order Types section of your cloud account. It would be worth exploring all of the configuration sections to get an idea of what is possible in order to determine how you'd get the most out of the system.

#3 2022-03-18 12:04:24

soameinteriors

I have just imported some images for products that have more than one image

Our product codes have the format of SOA-1, SOA-2

I have imported the images with file names in the format of SOA-1-1.jpg, SOA-1-2.jpg

But they have not appeared. Is this because the hyphen is the separator, and can't be as it's in the product codes.

Would I have to reupload with SOA-1_1.jpg, SOA-1_2.jpg as in using a different character. Is there any possibility of these files being renamed at your end to help us save some time?

Thanks

EDIT:
--- please note I have renamed my files with _ as the separator and imported so hopefully that fixes it.

Last edited by soameinteriors (2022-03-18 12:11:44)

#4 2022-03-18 12:15:47

soameinteriors

Hi just to follow up I have correctly imported the images, and I can view multiple images when clicking into a product, however when browsing products neither image is showing. please could you advise?

#5 2022-03-21 11:06:29

admin
Administrator

The main image for a product should match the product code, so in this instance SOA-1.jpg. The main image is the one that will show on the product thumbnails.
Additional images should be saved with the separator, so the first additional image would be SOA-1_1.jpg. If you need further additional images they can be saved using _2, _3 and so on.

• Index
  •  » General
  •  » Help setting up products catalogue for first time

Board footer

Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, iPod touch, iPad and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
© Copyright 2009 - Blue Alligator Company Limited. All rights reserved.