Home Cloud Account Management Support Forums Downloads About Us  

Blue Alligator Support Forums

Support for the Blue Alligator applications

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-07-29 14:26:45

DSD

App Not Updating

I have uploaded updated csv files (and yes, processed files), but they do not appear to be updating when viewed in the ipad - any reasons why this may be, it's becoming frustrating as I cannot update reps with new/deleted items
Thanks

#2 2020-07-31 09:37:43

admin
Administrator

Re: App Not Updating

If the files were successfully uploaded and subsequently processed, the data changes in the files would take effect on each iPad after they perform a Download From Cloud. If the changes you are expecting don't seem to have come through, you can check the contents of the files that have been most recently uploaded to the cloud by downloading them via the File Management > Manage Data Files section.

If the issue persists and you're sure the correct files have been uploaded to your cloud account and processed, can you give us an example of a ProductCode that you have added to your Products CSV file that is not showing in SalesPresenter?

#3 2020-08-01 09:18:47

DSD

as examples
hmou-Mar - not showing
kel3D4777 - still showing but deleted

#4 2020-08-03 10:20:14

admin
Administrator

The issue is with the File Mappings that you have configured in your cloud account. Each file you upload should be designated a single file type via the File Management > File Mappings screen, however on your cloud account you have specified the file name of "products.csv" in both the Product Exclusions and the Products file types - if you take a look at the File Management > Manage Data Files section, you'll see that the "products.csv" file has been associated with the Product Exclusions file type, and not the Products file type that you would want.

To fix this you need to first delete the products.csv file from your cloud account via the File Management > Manage Data Files section, then remove the "products.csv" wording from the Product Exclusions file type in the File Management > File Mappings screen, and finally re-upload your "products.csv" file to the cloud (so that it associates to the Products file type only) before performing another Process Files.

#5 2020-08-06 11:18:29

DSD

thank you - I will try that, but I guess I had done this originally as I cannot get sales presenter to exclude reps in seeing certain items (hence I 've chose to delete the entire range from sales presenter).
I tried previous suggestions but to date none have worked
Ta

Board footer

Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, iPod touch, iPad and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
© Copyright 2009 - Blue Alligator Company Limited. All rights reserved.