Support for the Blue Alligator applications

You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » General
  •  » Barcode scanner not adding any items to an order

#1 2020-01-29 11:16:58

mark123

Barcode scanner not adding any items to an order

Hi i still have this issue where if i scan using my EYOYO scanner, the barcode number is loaded to the rapid order screen but not the product?

#2 2020-01-29 13:32:43

admin
Administrator

Re: Barcode scanner not adding any items to an order

Usually when using a barcode scanner with an iPad, the barcode value characters are transmitted from the scanner to the iPad followed by a carriage return or line feed. It may be the case that your scanner is not doing this, in which case after each scan you would need to press the Enter button on the Rapid Entry keyboard. You may find that your scanner has a configuration that allows you to switch on the inclusion of a carriage return/line feed.

Depending on whether you have the Show Product Detail option switched on or not, the Product Detail screen for the corresponding product will be shown once scanned, or the product will be added to the order (alternatively, the quantity will be increased if the item is already on the order).

#3 2020-01-29 14:03:06

mark123

here are the steps i have just tried.
1. scan barcode in rapid entry screen.
result barcode is populated on screen in the enter product input field
2. pressed enter on keyboard
result barcode disappears and no product appears.
3. repeat above ensuring scanner is set to have CR
result barcode still dissapears and no product is displayed
4. repeated step 3 with CR and LF
result same issue no product is populated.

#4 2020-01-30 10:29:27

admin
Administrator

If a product is not being returned then the scanner may not be returning valid results. Your iPad will make an audible notification if the result is not valid.

In this case your products file mappings seem to be incorrect E.g. Barcode is mapped to "Cubic Volume". It looks like you will need to go into File Management > File Mappings to update this.

• Index
  •  » General
  •  » Barcode scanner not adding any items to an order

Board footer

Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, iPod touch, iPad and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
© Copyright 2009 - Blue Alligator Company Limited. All rights reserved.