Home Cloud Account Management Support Forums Downloads About Us  

Blue Alligator Support Forums

Support for the Blue Alligator applications

You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » General
  •  » Getting new customer details from iPad app to customers csv file.

#1 2018-01-13 18:44:29

Majestic Designs

Getting new customer details from iPad app to customers csv file.

If I take an order at the NEC and fill in the customer details in the Sales Presenter app how can I transfer those details to my CUSTOMERS csv file on my PC?

#2 2018-01-15 09:25:10

admin
Administrator

Re: Getting new customer details from iPad app to customers csv file.

I have passed your details onto the Sales Team who will be in contact with you shortly to discuss the available options.

#3 2018-01-29 20:31:47

Majestic Designs

With the NEC Spring Fair coming along in a few days it would be appreciated if your sales team could get in touch with me before it starts!

#4 2018-01-31 10:34:13

admin
Administrator

I understand the Sales Team have tried to reach you via phone and now also via email.

#5 2018-03-28 22:07:43

ScentimentsUK
Website

I have also been wanting to know this? i have sales agents on the road who add new customers via the ipad, how can i sync these to the cloud so i can view everyones customers?

#6 2018-04-04 16:46:10

admin
Administrator

I have passed your details onto the Sales Team who will be in contact with you shortly to discuss the available options.

#7 2019-01-08 12:12:41

EMDAgencies

I would also like to know how to do this, as any new customers I add on the iPad app are not allocated a sales tax group and therefore orders for these new customers are not showing any sales tax.

Last edited by EMDAgencies (2019-01-08 12:13:10)

#8 2019-01-08 17:00:35

admin
Administrator

You can select the customers Sales Tax Group when you create a new customer. Please note that if you are using your iPad in landscape mode then this may have to scroll to see this option.

#9 2019-01-08 17:16:50

EMDAgencies

Thanks, but is there a way of doing it after the customer has been created? I am building an order for a customer who I have already created on the iPad but isn't on my customers.csv file.

#10 2019-01-09 09:55:12

EMDAgencies

Can someone get back to me asap, please?  I need to process these orders urgently.  Many thanks

#11 2019-01-09 09:59:42

EMDAgencies

I've figured it out.  Having changed the rep data permissions under data changes, I can now edit my customers on the app and add the sales tax group.

#12 2019-01-09 10:24:17

EMDAgencies

Well, I thought I had fixed it, now when I go to edit a customer in the iPad, it says Unable to edit, this customer address has associated exported orders...

Please help

#13 2019-01-09 14:19:14

EMDAgencies

Can someone get back to me on this asap please?

#14 2019-01-09 14:20:33

admin
Administrator

You'll need to switch on the following option in the Account Settings section of your cloud account:

Tick this box if you want to put orders uploaded from Sales Presenter on hold in the cloud account for new customers.

This will allow you to assign account codes to the new customers that you are creating in SalesPresenter via the Orders section of your cloud account. If you later add the customer to the file, be sure to utilise the account code that you assigned to the customer via the Orders screen so that the order history will continue to show for the customer in SalesPresenter.

By assigning an account code to an order in the cloud, the customer (following your next Download From Cloud) would then be set to an "existing" customer rather than a "new" customer in SalesPresenter. You can make changes to existing customers in SalesPresenter at any time - the details of which are then stored in the Data Changes > Requested Data Changes section of your cloud account so that you can make the corresponding changes in your backoffice system or spreadsheet. Changes to new customers in SalesPresenter can be made until an order for them has been uploaded to the cloud, so be sure to double check the customer's details before doing so.

Changing the configuration mentioned above won't affect orders already uploaded to the cloud, so you'll need to switch it on and subsequently upload some dummy orders (or copies of the orders taken previously) for any customer that you need to edit information for. After assigning unique account codes to each of the customer orders that have been uploaded, you can perform a Download From Cloud in SalesPresenter, find the customers with their updated account codes, and make the necessary changes to them (in this case the Sales Tax field).

#15 2019-01-09 14:57:27

EMDAgencies

Fantastic, thanks very much

• Index
  •  » General
  •  » Getting new customer details from iPad app to customers csv file.

Board footer

Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, iPod touch, iPad and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
© Copyright 2009 - Blue Alligator Company Limited. All rights reserved.