Home Cloud Account Management Support Forums Downloads About Us  

Blue Alligator Support Forums

Support for the Blue Alligator applications

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-06-23 11:59:14

retail1308

Uploading Products

Hello
I have been trying to upload product information and images to my app but it is not working
I have done the steps of going onto file mappings, then uploading the file, uploading the image and putting the image name with the product code
also I have done the field mappings as well, however when i go onto download from cloud ( on the app) nothing appears on the app. I wanted to know if I am doing something wrong.

#2 2014-06-23 12:45:12

admin
Administrator

Re: Uploading Products

You will find some useful documentation regarding the set up of your cloud account in the Downloads section of the website - https://www.bacapps.co.uk/downloads.php

It sounds like you need to perform step 8 of the Getting Started With Your Data guide - "Prepare your uploaded data for Sales Presenter".

#3 2014-06-23 13:36:53

retail1308

Thanks for that advice I done step 8 and now the on the app it says product in system 1 however i cant open this.

#4 2014-06-23 16:04:02

admin
Administrator

Looking at your cloud account I can see that you've only uploaded a products file. To use Sales Presenter, you'll need to Log In. This requires at least one rep and one location on your cloud account as specified in step 3 of the aforementioned documentation.

#5 2014-06-24 10:30:17

retail1308

thank you for the help I would do all the steps again and see if it works
I wanted to know using this app can I take an order from a customer create and invoice and print it

#6 2014-06-24 12:32:31

retail1308

Also I have done all the steps again and unfortunately it still is not letting me upload anything
I tried to upload files which are all saved as CSV files however it still is not uploading it is saying file name error however it is the same as the one given in the step by step guide (customers.csv)
I cant process the files and do any field mappings either because of this
I deleted everything which was already uploading and done each step again and do not understand what i am doing wrong
Please advise me on this

#7 2014-06-24 12:51:28

admin
Administrator

If you are using the csv templates provided in the Downloads section, you can activate Simple Setup on your cloud account which will automatically substitute the File Mappings and Field Mappings to the default setting. You can then upload the files that you retrieved from the template folder.

With regards to your other post, when creating an order in Sales Presenter, you have the option to select an order type. One of the order types available is 'Invoice'.

You can preview an order or invoice summary in Sales Presenter and have the ability to print or email it from there.

#8 2014-06-24 15:43:31

retail1308

I have tried it through simple setup aswell however it still wont let me upload any files

#9 2014-06-24 16:00:12

retail1308

I do apologise I have made it work
I didn't activate the simple setup
Thank you for your help

#10 2014-06-24 16:55:07

admin
Administrator

No problem. Glad you're up and running now.

#11 2014-06-24 21:38:54

retail1308

Regarding the invoice, does the VAT and total not appear?
when I tried to create one it only says net total but the VAT and TOTAL didn't come up

#12 2014-06-25 11:31:56

admin
Administrator

Sales Presenter currently does not support VAT. Please see the following topic for more information: http://www.bacapps.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?id=553

#13 2014-06-27 10:17:59

retail1308

I done all the steps and it works now but how do i add more products. because i added one product as a test which comes onto sale presenter but how do i add more products. I added another products to the csv file however it doesn't appear on the sales presenter. Do i have to put all products onto one csv file or do i do individual files for each product. for now i put it all in one however only the first product on the file line on the csv file comes up.

#14 2014-06-27 12:16:01

admin
Administrator

It sounds like you haven't performed the Process Files action on your cloud account (step 8 of the Getting Started With Your Data guide).

#15 2014-06-28 12:10:46

retail1308

Your right I forgot to do that thank you
Would you be able to tell me how to delete everything on the sales presenter so I can start fresh
Eg I created a customer on the sales presenter but now I can't remove it

#16 2014-06-30 09:04:19

admin
Administrator

If you have created a new customer account within Sales Presenter then you can delete that account via the Customer Enquiry screen as long as there are no orders for the account (although you can delete the orders first then delete the customer account).

To reset the data in Sales Presenter for the selected company, you can use the Reset Database* option in the Download Manager -> Settings screen. Once performed, your next Download From Cloud will re-download your data from your cloud account.

*Please Note: Using the Reset Database option will remove all of your orders as well as products and customers, so please ensure you have uploaded any orders you do not wish to lose to the cloud beforehand.

#17 2014-06-30 12:13:19

retail1308

Thank you for the help
I tried to input the pack of the product into the CSV file so it would appear on the sales presenter however the only information that comes up is the price but the quantity per pack is very important aswell.
Also the order the products have been inputted on the CSV file is not the same as it appears on the sales presenter
Also another query is i wanted to put the margin for each product aswell but nothing appears on the sales presenter
were do i input this on the CSV file

#18 2014-06-30 16:10:06

admin
Administrator

retail1308 wrote:

I tried to input the pack of the product into the CSV file so it would appear on the sales presenter however the only information that comes up is the price but the quantity per pack is very important aswell.

Your uploaded data is fine but you are not showing the QtyPerPack field in Sales Presenter, however your cloud account is currently configured to show the Pack Size. By default the configuration to determine how your Pack Size is shown is set to Carton/Inner. You can modify this setting in the General section of your cloud configuration. Alternatively, you can configure which fields are shown in Sales Presenter via the Product Details section of your cloud configuration.

retail1308 wrote:

Also the order the products have been inputted on the CSV file is not the same as it appears on the sales presenter

Sales Presenter displays products in product code sequence by default, although they can be sequenced by any field that is uploaded as part of your Products CSV file. You can change this setting via the General section of your cloud configuration.

If you are filtering your products by catalogue, you can specify the sequence in which products are displayed as part of the Catalogue/Product Matrix file.

retail1308 wrote:

Also another query is i wanted to put the margin for each product aswell but nothing appears on the sales presenter
were do i input this on the CSV file

Product margin is calculated by Sales Presenter and is therefore not required as part of your data upload in order to show it. You can configure it to be shown via the Product Details section of your cloud configuration.

#19 2014-06-30 16:57:50

retail1308

Thank you for your reply

How do i get the margin set up on the product details

#20 2014-07-01 11:07:33

admin
Administrator

If you want the product margin to be calculated by Sales Presenter then you can set it up by putting a Display Sequence against the 'Margin/Markup percentage' field in the Configuration -> Product Details screen in your cloud account. You can then choose whether you want the calculation to show you the margin or the markup.

If you want to maintain the product margin yourself and upload it as part of your Products CSV file, then you should maintain it in one of the product user fields (e.g. UserField01). You would then need to give the field a Display Sequence in the Configuration -> Product Details screen in your cloud account.

#21 2018-10-05 07:43:31

Erin

Can you please let me know if I upload images before I have added the product to the product.csv will the images still be there when I do update the products.csv?

#22 2018-10-05 11:20:57

admin
Administrator

Images won't be removed from your cloud storage unless you manually delete them via the File Management > Manage Images screen, so regardless of whether you upload the image first and product data second, or vice-versa, there is no difference. As long as both the image has been uploaded, and the product exists in the uploaded Products CSV file on your cloud account, when you perform a Download From Cloud in SalesPresenter the image will be shown against the product.

#23 2018-10-31 04:49:57

Erin

Can you please let me know do I need to upload my complete products csv every time I add a new product?

#24 2018-10-31 11:25:10

admin
Administrator

Yes, you maintain all your products in the one CSV file and upload this each time you add, change or delete any products.

Board footer

Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, iPod touch, iPad and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
© Copyright 2009 - Blue Alligator Company Limited. All rights reserved.