Home Cloud Account Management Support Forums Downloads About Us  

Blue Alligator Support Forums

Support for the Blue Alligator applications

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-03 12:10:22

johnb@milford

Barcodes - csv file changing them??

Hi

Everytime I close and open my product excel file (csv), the barcodes are changing to formula calculations?

I have tried everything I can think of (e.g. changing file format to text etc but it just changed it back automatically to a number cell the next time I open the file)

Help?!

John

#2 2018-01-03 13:18:09

admin
Administrator

Re: Barcodes - csv file changing them??

When opening CSV files in spreadsheet applications such as Excel, barcode values are viewed as long numbers and are subsequently reformatted by the application (as CSV files do not retain any formatting rules).

In order to get around this, you would be best saving the master copy of the spreadsheet that you work on in one of the Excel formats rather than as a CSV file.

This means that the spreadsheet will keep any column formatting that you've set (such as formatting the barcode column as text).

When you want to upload a copy of the spreadsheet to your cloud account, save/export it as a CSV file and upload that, but continue working with the master copy rather than re-loading the CSV file back into Excel.

Board footer

Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, iPod touch, iPad and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
© Copyright 2009 - Blue Alligator Company Limited. All rights reserved.