Home Cloud Account Management Support Forums Downloads About Us  

Blue Alligator Support Forums

Support for the Blue Alligator applications

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-03-16 20:04:44

robrpl

Catalogue and customer option

can we select some catalogues to be seen by a few specific customers, or hidden from specific customers?

#2 2012-03-19 11:21:44

admin
Administrator

Re: Catalogue and customer option

Catalogues aren't customer-specific at the moment. This is one of the items on our development wish-list. We'll be looking to implement this soon.

#3 2017-11-14 15:24:26

Tony vdk

This is something I am looking to implement too, has it been developed?

#4 2017-11-14 17:05:59

admin
Administrator

Yes this is now possible via the use of the Group/Catalogue Matrix file.
Please refer to the SalesPresenter Import File Formats documentation (available in the Downloads section of the bacapps website) for more information on this file type.

#5 2017-11-15 15:27:38

Tony vdk

Thank you! do you have a copy/sample of the Group/Catalogue Matrix file as the cloud will not seem to accept the one i have created?

#6 2017-11-15 15:44:59

admin
Administrator

In order to upload the file, you need to first go to the File Management > File Mappings section of your cloud account and enter the filename of the file you have created against the relevant file type. This will then allow you to upload the file via the File Management > Upload Files section. Lastly, you'd need to map the fields within the files by going to the File Management > File Mappings section and then going to Field Mappings for the relevant file to map the fields within your file to the fields in the cloud.

The above process is described in detail within the SalesPresenter Getting Started With Your Data document (steps 4, 5 and 6) available in the Downloads section of the bacapps website. The process will automatically have been done for you for many of the standard file types (such as Customer Accounts and Products) via the Simple Setup option, but additional files that are available to upload may require these additional steps to be performed manually.

#7 2017-11-15 16:34:50

Tony vdk

Thank you, I guess I have a lot to learn!  I have completed as per but now all of a sudden I only have four out of seventeen products showing and none in each catalogue, any idea what i may have done wrong?

#8 2017-11-15 17:38:21

admin
Administrator

The following description found in the SalesPresenter Import File Formats document for the Group/Catalogue Matrix file explains why the products will not be shown:

Any catalogue that belongs to one or more groups will be unavailable to any customer that isn't in the same group. Any products in those catalogues will also be unavailable to both customers not in the same group or when accessing products via the product enquiry screen in Sales Presenter.

The file is useful for maintaining catalogues (and the products they contain) that are only to be seen for specific customers.

From your last post it seems that you may instead be wanting to make use of the AccountCode field on the Catalogues file. The following description for AccountCode on the Catalogues file can be found in the SalesPresenter Import File Formats document:

Optional customer account code to associate with the catalogue if the catalogue is specific to one customer. Leave this blank to allow the catalogue to be used for all customers.

In order to reverse your changes if you are not wanting to utilise the Group/Catalogue Matrix file, you should upload the file without any records (just containing the field headings).

#9 2017-11-16 16:59:52

Tony vdk

Thank you, after re-reading all the documentation with your insights in mind I completed my goal by using Product Exclusion Codes and limiting certain customers to certain products.
Thanks again!

Last edited by Tony vdk (2017-11-16 17:00:09)

Board footer

Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, iPod touch, iPad and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
© Copyright 2009 - Blue Alligator Company Limited. All rights reserved.