Support for the Blue Alligator applications

You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » General
  •  » VAT component in quotes and invoices

#1 2016-09-15 18:30:34

Majestic Designs

VAT component in quotes and invoices

I received a telephone call from a member of the Blue Aligator team advising me that the VAT component of a customer's quote and invoice was going to be added to the basic version of Sales Presenter. This was a few weeks ago now but as yet I don't see the VAT component on quotes or invoices that I send out. Consequently I have to put onto the document I email a message saying that the total amount does not contain VAT.
Can you please help?

#2 2016-09-16 17:21:10

admin
Administrator

Re: VAT component in quotes and invoices

That is correct. It is now possible to have sales tax information shown in SalesPresenter without the use of the Comprehensive Pricing module which was previously required for this.

A bit of setup is required in order for this to be used. You would first need to upload the Sales Tax Groups and Sales Tax Matrix files to your cloud account. Details of these file types can be found in the SalesPresenterImportFileFormats document available in the Downloads section on our website - https://www.bacapps.co.uk/downloads.php
You can then configure the sales tax information that you would like to be shown on your order acknowledgements via the Configuration section of your cloud account.

#3 2016-10-07 18:31:25

Majestic Designs

Thanks for that. Could you please tell me how I can create the Sales Tax Group file and the Sales Tax Matrix file and how to configure them?

#4 2016-10-10 12:29:12

admin
Administrator

The Sales Tax Groups and Sales Tax Matrix CSV files must be created from scratch since we don't currently have downloadable templates for these file types. For information on which fields should be included in the files, please see the relevant sections in the SalesPresenterImportFileFormats document available in the Downloads section on our website - https://www.bacapps.co.uk/downloads.php

Please note that before uploading the files, you will need to specify the file names in the File Management > File Mappings section of your cloud account. A step-by-step guide to uploading new files to your cloud account can be found from Step 3 onwards in the SalesPresenterGettingStartedWithYourData guide (also available in the Downloads section on our website).

#5 2016-11-11 22:19:35

shirazkiani@hotmail.co.uk

Hi is there any step by step guide available for how to setup sales tax group and set sales tax matrix please help

#6 2016-11-14 17:06:24

admin
Administrator

Unfortunately we do not have a step by step guide on this. However, with the information provided in the previous posts in this topic, you should be able to create the files required in order show sales tax information in SalesPresenter.

#7 2016-11-19 11:51:14

shirazkiani@hotmail.co.uk

Hi i have created a tax group file but when i try to upload it give following error message
''Unknown type of file or filename contains invalid symbols (salestaxgroup.csv). Please see below for more information regarding filenames.''
require some help and guidance

#8 2016-11-21 17:03:02

admin
Administrator

Before uploading the new files, you will need to specify the file names in the File Management > File Mappings section of your cloud account. A step-by-step guide to uploading new files to your cloud account can be found from Step 3 onwards in the SalesPresenterGettingStartedWithYourData guide available in the Downloads section on our website -  https://www.bacapps.co.uk/downloads.php

#9 2017-01-09 18:11:04

Majestic Designs

Would you possibly consider creating a step by step guide as to how to create and upload the correct files so that the VAT component of an invoice can be sent to a customer?

#10 2017-01-10 12:34:29

admin
Administrator

We've recently created a step by step video guide outlining how to set up Sales Tax for SalesPresenter.
The video can be found on our YouTube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2_0V … vliM6Wdrcg

#11 2017-01-15 19:54:21

Majestic Designs

I have followed very carefully the steps shown in your hints and tips video about attaching tax codes to orders. When I see the order acknowledgement it shows columns: Item, Description, Qty, G.Price, N.Value, VAT.   Information appears under each of those headings except the VAT heading. Underneath the Special Instructions at the bottom of the acknowledgement there is a table with the header Sales Tax Codes underneath which are three table headings: Code, Description and Rate. The box under Code is blank, the box under Description is also blank and the box under Rate shows 0.00%.
Can you please explain where I went wrong and how to work through the maze of instructions as to how to get it working right.

#12 2017-01-17 09:41:18

admin
Administrator

In order for the sales tax to work, you'll need to map the individual fields from the files you've uploaded to the cloud via the File Management > File Mappings screen (demonstrated at 2:31 in the video).
You'll also need to set up a SalesTaxGroup field in the CustomerAccounts CSV file in order to determine which of your customers should have tax applied to their orders.

Ensure that all fields from the new files uploaded (SalesTaxMatrix and SalesTaxGroups) as well as the new fields added to existing files (Products and CustomerAccounts) have all been mapped.

#13 2017-02-10 16:15:53

Majestic Designs

While at the recent Spring Fair Show at the NEC in Birmingham I consulted one of your sales team to help me sort out what I was doing or not doing to get the VAT component of my Sales Presenter to work. In spite of checking throught the "mappings" and going through my account settings on my ipad he was not able to get it to work. Can you help? Getting a bit frustrated by this issue.

#14 2017-02-14 10:42:24

admin
Administrator

Although the SalesTaxGroup field in the CustomerAccounts CSV file and the SalesTaxCode field in the Products CSV file have been added, the fields have not yet been mapped in the relevant file types in your cloud account.

Once these new fields have been mapped in each of the CustomerAccounts and Products file types, please ensure you perform a Process Files.

#15 2017-02-20 17:41:54

Majestic Designs

It was your salesman who checked through all the 'mappings' and set them up and processed the files. That therefore has been done.
By the way, what are 'mappings'? There is no glossary to tell me.

#16 2017-02-22 09:37:35

admin
Administrator

It's a shame you didn't speak to one of our technical support people at the show. As per our previous response, although the SalesTaxGroup and SalesTaxCode fields have been added to the CustomerAccounts and Products CSV files respectively, the field mappings have not yet been set for those file types in your cloud account.

The Getting Started With Your Data guide (which can be found in the Downloads section of this site) will take you through all the steps required to set up your data, explaining the various terms along the way.

• Index
  •  » General
  •  » VAT component in quotes and invoices

Board footer

Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, iPod touch, iPad and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
© Copyright 2009 - Blue Alligator Company Limited. All rights reserved.