Blue Alligator Support Forums

Support for the Blue Alligator applications

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-08-14 15:55:26

NealS
Website

Linked Products

Hi,

We use Linked Products as we have a master product and then 3 other colour variants of it.

When I click on the master product and go into Product Details  I see 4 small thumbnails at the bottom, one for the Master and 3 for the different colours.
If I select one of the colours and add 1 to my order, then click outside the Product Details to return to the Product Browser, my Grand Total in the bottom left has increased by 1, as expected.

If I click back into the same master product there is no indication that the colour variant product has been ordered. If I again select the colour variant from the thumbnails it show Quantity 0.

However going through this same process from the beginning, if after ordering the colour variant and before clicking outside the Product Detail to return to Product Browser, I click on a different colour variant the thumbnail updates with "1 Ctns" in red to show I've ordered it.

Can the "1 Ctns" indicator come up as soon as the product is added to the order?

Many thanks,

Neal.

#2 2013-08-15 11:50:21

admin
Administrator

Re: Linked Products

The way Linked Products work in order entry is that the order lines become linked when both the master product and a linked product are ordered. If a linked product is placed on the order but the master product is not, the linked product becomes an order line in its own right and is not linked in any way.

The thumbnails at the bottom of the product detail screen show a scrolling list of linked products. If the master product is already on the order and you are in "amend mode", any products that have linked order lines to that master product will have their ordered quantity shown in their thumbnail.

Since you didn't order the master product, upon re-entry to that same master product, you are in "add mode". This means that any linked products you tap on will also be in "add mode" and is therefore the reason you won't see that the product has already been ordered.

#3 2016-09-09 11:04:40

crosskills

we have recently started using linked products, as per above we are losing the stock adjustment when ordering via this way. but the stock quantities are showing correct on the other Ipads within the company.

Why doesn't this rectify itself after we do an evening back up with live stock figures?

#4 2016-09-09 17:10:36

admin
Administrator

crosskills wrote:

we have recently started using linked products, as per above we are losing the stock adjustment when ordering via this way. but the stock quantities are showing correct on the other Ipads within the company.

Upon investigation, we can see that the local sales figure on the iPad isn't being updated when ordering a linked product. We have fixed this and will be submitting a new version to Apple shortly.

crosskills wrote:

Why doesn't this rectify itself after we do an evening back up with live stock figures?

This is because the iPad keeps track of two sales figures, a local one and the one from the cloud. Since the local sales figure has got out of sync, this will stay out of sync until it is reset by turning off the option to include the figures from live orders on the iPad within the sales figure, performing a download to the iPad, turning the option back on and performing a second download.

Board footer

Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, iPod touch, iPad and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
© Copyright 2009 - Blue Alligator Company Limited. All rights reserved.