Blue Alligator Support Forums

Support for the Blue Alligator applications

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-29 12:42:14

Simon Lynch

New Devices for Existing Reps

Hi
Apologies for repeating a question which I'm sure has been asked before -
I have to replace the iPads for 8 of our Sales reps with brand new ones.
When I start the iPad setup, I am choosing to restore from iCloud backups.
This installs the sales presenter app on the new device.
At this point only one device shows up for the rep in Registered Devices.
If I then change the name of the new device, this name appears as a registered device, but the old device doesn't also show.
I can download data from cloud at this point.  When I try to login, I get the "There Are No Reps or Locations... Use the "Download from Cloud... If this is the first... You will then be able to log in" message.
Please could someone let me know the correct sequence of events which I should be following and at what point I need to contact support to activate/deactivate modules?
Many thanks, Simon

#2 2016-06-29 14:24:52

admin
Administrator

Re: New Devices for Existing Reps

When iTunes restores a backup of an old device onto a new one, some of the data may be lost. It seems that this is what has happened to either your sales rep or location information in SalesPresenter. Unfortunately we have no control over iTunes' backup and restore processes, so we can't cater for this and therefore advise you to not restore from a backup.

To fix the data on the iPad, the user will need to perform a Reset Database in SalesPresenter (found in the Download Manager -> Settings screen). The user should then just need to perform a usual Download from Cloud to ensure that all of the information is re-downloaded to the device correctly.

Please note that the Reset Database option in SalesPresenter will delete all existing data including orders, so the user should upload any live or held orders before using this option.

When you are required to authorise the device on your cloud account, that will be the best time to contact our Support Team for any module movements.

Board footer

Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, iPod touch, iPad and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
© Copyright 2009 - Blue Alligator Company Limited. All rights reserved.