Home Cloud Account Management Support Forums Downloads About Us  

Blue Alligator Support Forums

Support for the Blue Alligator applications

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-08-16 16:30:22

PeterB

Video uploads

Support,

I would like to know how to associate a video I uploaded to the cloud.  I do not see any information on this configuration and do not know how to associate it with our company on the iPad app.

#2 2013-08-16 16:59:39

admin
Administrator

Re: Video uploads

Product videos follow the same naming convention used for product images. So for product 123, you might have an image called 123.jpg and a video called 123.mp4

Videos with file extensions m4v, mov, mp4, mpv and 3gp can be uploaded to the cloud account.

The same also applies to product PDF files. The file 123.pdf would automatically be associated with product 123.

#3 2013-08-16 18:04:46

PeterB

So if upload a video and associate it with the same product number where do I define this and where does the video appear on the app?

#4 2013-08-19 09:37:15

admin
Administrator

For information regarding associating images (and videos, PDFs since they follow the same naming convention) please see step 5 of the Getting Started With Your Data guide, which can be found in the downloads section of this site.

Product videos are accessible via the product detail screen. Please see the following topic for more information: http://www.bacapps.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?id=246

#5 2013-09-04 22:46:10

Ralph's Heating
Website

OK I have up loaded a mp4 video but it will not show up superimposed over the product. I am using the exact same product ID I use with the .pdf doc but of course using the .mp4 extention. The PDF shows up no problem.

Is there something I need to toggle on to make it show up or is there a limit on size of mp4?

I see in the Ipad that it has been downloaded also.

#6 2013-09-05 10:29:54

admin
Administrator

Ralph's Heating wrote:

OK I have up loaded a mp4 video but it will not show up superimposed over the product. I am using the exact same product ID I use with the .pdf doc but of course using the .mp4 extention.

You're using a photoref of Nexkit for the product so the uploaded video filename should be Nexkit.mp4

Ralph's Heating wrote:

The PDF shows up no problem.

The reason why the PDF is showing up fine is due to the issue we found in the following topic http://www.bacapps.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?id=494 where the photoref field is being ignored when working out the PDF filename to be used.

From the next release, your PDF filename would need to be Nexkit.pdf for it to show up.

#7 2013-09-05 18:44:24

Ralph's Heating
Website

I made the correction and it works perfectly.

Thanks
John

Board footer

Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, iPod touch, iPad and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
© Copyright 2009 - Blue Alligator Company Limited. All rights reserved.