Home Cloud Account Management Support Forums Downloads About Us  

Blue Alligator Support Forums

Support for the Blue Alligator applications

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-06-18 11:41:46

mark123

Flagging New Products To Reps

Hi I have just uploaded a product file with some new lines in it, however, I understand from another post that the Latest Products category doesnt work like this and will display not only the new items that have been added in the file but works on
when the database is downloaded to the ipad.

Can you kindly tell me how i can flag to reps just new products? Is there a way of adding an 'New' flag to each one, or putting them in their own section as well as in their normal categories.

thanks
Mark

#2 2020-06-22 09:22:03

admin
Administrator

Re: Flagging New Products To Reps

You're correct, the "New Products" dynamically generated catalogue works based on the date that the product is first downloaded to SalesPresenter. Though you can configure the number of days that a product is to be considered to show in the "New Products" dynamically generated catalogue via the Configuration > General section of your cloud account, the products shown can differ between devices depending on how frequently each device has performed downloads.

For greater control, we'd suggest that you instead maintain a catalogue via the Catalogue and Catalogue/Product Matrix file types. Instructions on how to set up maintained catalogues can be found in the following topic in the forum - http://www.bacapps.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?id=93
We also have a video tutorial on this (as well as other helpful "Tips and Tricks" videos) available on our YouTube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2_0V … vliM6Wdrcg

Board footer

Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, iPod touch, iPad and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
© Copyright 2009 - Blue Alligator Company Limited. All rights reserved.