Support for the Blue Alligator applications

You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » General
  •  » Arranging product order according to a display sequence

#1 2020-06-03 11:24:33

EuroAsiaBiz

Arranging product order according to a display sequence

My query is about how the products are ordered when browsing all products (i.e. when a specific catalogue is not selected).

I can see that products are ordered alphabetically according to their ProductCode.

I wanted the products to be listed in the sequence specified in the "Catalogues.csv" file (I understand this sequence currently orders the drop-down menu).

Is there any easy way to do this without having to rename everything in the ProductCode field? Could not find anything in the Configuration section in the cloud.

Thanks

#2 2020-06-04 10:10:02

admin
Administrator

Re: Arranging product order according to a display sequence

In the Configuration > General section of your cloud account, you'll find the following option:

Sequence in which to browse products when not using a display sequence for a catalogue.

Most fields available in the Products file type can be chosen, but by default it is set to ProductCode (ascending). The configuration allows up to 3 levels of sequencing - in the event that multiple products have the same value in the first sequencing field, it will subsequently sequence those products by the second field and so on.

You could utilise one of the UserFields in the Products file for a display sequence across all products, however you should note that this is text field so will be sequenced as such (values of 1 through 10 would be sequenced as 1, 10, 2, 3 etc). To counteract this you should ensure that all sequence numbers have the same number of characters, perhaps by starting with the number 1001 (the first 10 products would then be sequenced correctly as 1001, 1002, 1003, 1004, 1005, 1006, 1007, 1008, 1009, 1010).

#3 2020-06-04 10:15:14

EuroAsiaBiz

Re: Arranging product order according to a display sequence

Thanks for the response.

• Index
  •  » General
  •  » Arranging product order according to a display sequence

Board footer

Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, iPod touch, iPad and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
© Copyright 2009 - Blue Alligator Company Limited. All rights reserved.