Home Cloud Account Management Support Forums Downloads About Us  

Blue Alligator Support Forums

Support for the Blue Alligator applications

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-10-21 16:44:35

Crisp2010

Photos

I have just updated my ipad as requested and now re-downloaded company info again as requested, a lot of things have changed which is fine I can work with that but the only thing a do not like is the photos size on the ipad have changed they are a lot smaller leaving a large black area around the outside of the screen, where as before the 4 or 6 photos filled the complete ipad.
Have i done something wrong or is there an error, if so how do i correct this.

#2 2019-10-22 17:32:56

admin
Administrator

Re: Photos

I assume you're using a 12.9" device. If so, you haven't done anything wrong and there isn't an error. From version 1.8.1 of SalesPresenter the device is displaying the application screen in it's native size instead of scaling the screen up to fit the device screen (which in some instances blurred the screen). All aspects of the screen (e.g. button size, text size etc) are now the same size regardless of whether your screen size is 9.7", 10.2", 10.5", 11" or 12.9".

#3 2019-10-22 21:11:17

Crisp2010

Yes i am running 12.9" device with professional Edition,I upgraded to look more professional at my job now only to fine it looks unprofessional due to to small photos. Will you be addressing this as it looks ridiculous even my 11" ipad. If it isn't broken why change it.

#4 2019-10-23 19:48:04

admin
Administrator

It's not a question of not changing something that isn't broken. From March this year, Apple started rejecting app updates from developers where the app continued to scale the screen up.

The native size of the buttons, text etc that you now see are how the app was originally intended (and indeed how it looked and still looks on the original 9.7" iPad).

We are in the process of rolling out alternate views for the 12.9" device to show more thumbnails on the screen.

#5 2019-10-23 20:30:54

Crisp2010

Thank you for the feed back on this.

I would prefer same number of thumbnails ie max 9 on one view or less as the photos are very small.

Please advise when you your developer has managed to up scale.

#6 2019-10-24 13:51:37

admin
Administrator

We will not be scaling the screens up again - this is specifically something that Apple will no longer allow developers to do.

We are also not looking to redesign any thumbnails since there are thousands of users who have customised the thumbnails to fit their requirements.

We have added a new layout of existing thumbnails, which was rolled out last night, to show 15 or 16 thumbnails per page (depending on the device orientation) on the 12.9" device.

Users of our cloud-based catalogue styling module have all the necessary tools available to design their own catalogue styles as desired.

#7 2019-10-25 12:40:50

crosskills

Totally agree with Crisp2010 over the size of images etc, I also updated to a 12.9 to look more professional, my solution to this was to go into, settings - display zoom - view and use the zoom option to get back to the view I am used to with 8 images per page filling all the screen. Saying that this does not work now with 15/16 images.

Today's update has now caused more issues as it opens in 15/16 images per page and when you change it to 8 images per page, as that is how I wish my customers to view my stock, you then go into a catalogue and when you come out again it reverts to 15/16 images, I don't wish for that many images as this is too many to show when selling, and far too fussy to keep changing settings while in the process of selling.

How will I resolve this?
How can I just set to use 8 images only without reverting back each time? 

and just as a further point all was working well before the last 2/3 updates which I have emailed you separately about.

It has also become noticeable when you enlarge an image to full page and use the arrow to move to the next image, it misses out images altogether.

#8 2019-10-25 13:57:06

admin
Administrator

The roll-out of the 15/16 images per page layout is unrelated to the version of SalesPresenter released today. It was a cloud-based roll-out of a layout that was performed a couple of days ago.

We are happy to remove this layout from individual cloud accounts if a user requests it (we have removed it from your account). This will then revert back to defaulting to the 8/9 images per page layout once the user has performed a "download from cloud" on their device.

While using the zoom option within the device settings does indeed mean that the 8/9 images per page layout fills the screen, we have not recommended this since it causes the product images to appear blurry which, in our opinion, is the thing that looks unprofessional.

#9 2019-10-25 16:19:10

crosskills

Thank you for doing that. I'll await the update when you fix this issue properly.

I have no issues with the quality of the images I use as they are all decent hi-res, no images look blurry with using zoom,

Board footer

Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, iPod touch, iPad and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
© Copyright 2009 - Blue Alligator Company Limited. All rights reserved.