Home Cloud Account Management Support Forums Downloads About Us  

Blue Alligator Support Forums

Support for the Blue Alligator applications

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-10-20 09:23:08

Simon Lynch

Image Resizing

Have I read somewhere that images uploaded to the Cloud are now being resized in a different way?  Is there a setting in Configuration to control this?
We seem to have noticed a decrease in image quality recently and I'm trying to identify whether it's something we're doing or an SP function.
We normally upload image files in a 500x500 format, with an average size of approx. 200-300kb.  These now get resized to about 20kb, I thought that the reduction was previously less than this.
(We have recently reviewed our images, and may have been overzealous in reducing their size)

#2 2015-10-20 12:22:59

admin
Administrator

Re: Image Resizing

The post you've seen is http://www.bacapps.co.uk/forum/viewtopi … 2870#p2870

With the original configuration setting for image quality, "normal quality" would cause images larger than 768 pixels in either aspect to be reduced to a maximum of 768x768. "Higher quality" would cause images larger than 1024 pixels in either aspect to be reduced to a maximum of 1024x1024. We simply switched all cloud accounts over to "higher quality" and removed the configuration option.

No resizing will take place on uploaded images that are less than 1024 pixels in their largest aspect.

For best results I would recommend uploading images of at least 2048 in their smallest aspect, leaving it to the upload process to reduce the image size as necessary.

Board footer

Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, iPod touch, iPad and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
© Copyright 2009 - Blue Alligator Company Limited. All rights reserved.