Home Cloud Account Management Support Forums Downloads About Us  

Blue Alligator Support Forums

Support for the Blue Alligator applications

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-08-22 13:23:57

Geoff

customers...again

OOOkkkk!!.  I have completed some reasonable sized alterations to the customer codes....uploaded files...processed files....downloaded from the cloud.  No change on the ipad.  Tried again a few times... waited an hour...downloaded from the cloud again.  No change.  Uploaded the template and later the demostrater customer lists...downloaded from the cloud.   No change.  Uploaded my new customer list again and this time Forced a Full Download.   New info is now on ipad.  Decided there was a better way.  Changed customer codes again (All 684 of them).  Uploaded file...processed file ....downloaded from the cloud.  No change on ipad.  Tried many times ...then decided to force a full download again.  Thirty minutes....fairly large amount of data...not so good on my 3G wireless data plan.  And again we have the new information on the ipad.  I believe the "download from the cloud" function is often not working.  It says it has completed..however new information is not appearing.
Could you please confirm that this is the case....or am I really not holding my mouth correctly.  I appreciate the programme is a work in progress and expect you are aware of this problem...and hope you are planning to fix it real soon.

#2 2011-08-22 19:30:10

admin
Administrator

Re: customers...again

While investigating this today we have found an issue in the cloud storage logic if "key" fields weren't being mapped (for example, the account code is a key field for customer accounts, the product code is a key field for products).

This issue caused the "Process files" process to get confused. While we have tightened up the logic to address the issue, you really do need to map an account code field (your current mappings don't have this field mapped) otherwise it will result in a single customer account appearing on the iPad in the future.

#3 2011-08-22 23:18:36

Geoff

Thanks for the reply.  I think the problems are bigger than that.  In my second "Force a Full Download" I did have the Customer code mapped.  Later I changed it to unmapped in the hope that the codes would go away....no luck with just a normal download.  That's how I left it.  It would have been like that when you looked.
I have also realised my ipad is not ONLY showing all my customers (correctly)...it is also repeating some from an earlier attempt.  About 28 that I had used capitals on the customer code.  So they are now appearing twice.  Once with capitals and once with lower case.  I have looked at the csv file and it is correct...only once and none with capitals. 
So ...  I deleted the customer file from the cloud. (Process files did not come up).  Downloaded the ipad just in case it might change.  No change.  Uploaded the demonstration customer file...processed files ....went to the ipad...downloaded it ...  no change.  MY customers are still on the ipad (including the twenty eight that are doubled up).  However the customer file in the cloud is the demonstration file. 
So now I have created a second customer file...changed all codes to numerials. Deleted the customer file in the cloud (Demonstration)...uploaded my new customer file..processed files...went to the ipad and downloaded it.  No change.  Still have my old customers...still have double ups ...still have customer codes in letters.
I believe it may work to an extent, if I were to force a complete download.  However am loath to have to keep on doing that (force complete download)
Its as if my ipad is not recognising that the cloud has changed.

#4 2011-08-23 14:02:29

admin
Administrator

Without uploading any new data, changing field mappings or using the force full download option can you perform the "download from cloud" option twice (these should happen fairly quickly since there won't be any new data to download).

This won't address the issue for you but it will record some additional information on our server that will be useful to our developers. We believe we understand what is going on for you but would like this additional information to confirm our thoughts before we implement a fix.

#5 2011-08-23 21:14:04

Geoff

downloaded from the cloud twice around 6.10am AEST (GMT+10)

#6 2011-08-24 00:43:57

admin
Administrator

Thanks. The extra trace information recorded has confirmed our understanding of the issue. It is time-zone related.

The solution requires a tweak to both the cloud application and the iPad app itself. We'd already made the necessary code changes earlier today in anticipation of the expected findings in the trace information and will be submitting an app update to Apple tomorrow.

Our apologies for the frustration this issue has given you but please bear with us until the update (1.0.4) becomes available in the AppStore.

#7 2011-08-24 08:59:01

Geoff

You're welcome. I appreciate your efforts.  (or in Australian .... no worries mate)

Board footer

Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, iPod touch, iPad and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
© Copyright 2009 - Blue Alligator Company Limited. All rights reserved.