Home Cloud Account Management Support Forums Downloads About Us  

Blue Alligator Support Forums

Support for the Blue Alligator applications

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-07-22 15:00:22

Geoff

Setting up Data

I am having great difficulty running Sales Presenter after attempting to set up my Data.
1. I initially roughly put in some data and tried to run the programme....Could not log in ...no Sales Rep nor Location.
2. More carefully insertered data...uploaded files...processed files...Forced a Full Download....Could not log in ...no Sales Rep nor Location.
3. Used Data files from Demo as a guide and created my own....uploaded files...processed files...Forced a Full Download....Could not log in ...no Sales Rep nor Location.
4.Used Data files from Demo and added a bit of my own info....uploaded files...processed files...Forced a Full Download....Could not log in ...no Sales Rep nor Location.
5. Used Demo files exactly as they were (no images ofcourse)......uploaded files...processed files...Forced a Full Download....Could not log in ...no Sales Rep nor Location.  Only one user and no products.  Same as before.

I hope my new ipad is water tight, as it is getting very close to going for a swim in the nearby river.  Can you look at the files I have in my cloud account.  They are the demo files plus my images.  I can put up my data files if you like.  They would then match the images.  I can see my files are there from "manage files" (when I have them there that is, as I can see the sizes correspond). Is there something obviously wrong?
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

#2 2011-07-22 16:01:56

admin
Administrator

Re: Setting up Data

Looking at your cloud settings, we can see that you've completed steps 4 and 5 of the "getting started with your data" guide but haven't completed step 6 - configuring the field mappings within your cloud account.

If you look on the file mappings section of your cloud account you will see that it recognises you have uploaded data files, but the "mapped fields" column will show zero's.

Click on the "field mappings" button for each type of file and choose the fields you want to read in from your CSV files. For any fields not present in your CSV file you can specify a default value if you wish. Then click the "Update" button to save your settings for that file and return to the file mappings screen.

Repeat this for each type of file then you can use the "Process files" option to prepare your data for the iPad.

For subsequent data refreshes you don't need to go through this exercise again (as long as you don't change the format of your CSV files). You simply upload your latest set of data files and use the "Process files" option.

Board footer

Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, iPod touch, iPad and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
© Copyright 2009 - Blue Alligator Company Limited. All rights reserved.