You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » General
  •  » Customer information updating at POS

#1 2012-06-15 20:40:11

donwil2011
Website

Customer information updating at POS

About a year ago, I mentioned that it is a mistake not to enable a rep at the point of sale to update the customer information.  If it is a new customer and you have to enter the customer information on the show floor, and make a mistake, you cannot fix it.  You have to delete the customer and start over.  Way too anoying to the customer and rep.  I also want my reps to be able to flesh out customer info while making the sales calls.  You said in a future update but had not time scale.  What is the update on this?

#2 2012-06-16 18:07:54

admin
Administrator

Re: Customer information updating at POS

Our original intention for the first few versions of Sales Presenter was that its customer and product data would be driven from the back-office system.

While we do want to add some customer account management facilities (which would include the ability to update various fields on the customer records and somehow report these changes to the back-office system) we are regularly re-prioritising our development plans based upon the user requests and requirements that we receive. Common requests/requirements will invariably be assigned a higher priority and unfortunately this is one of those requirements that has yet to make it to the top of our development wish list.

#3 2012-06-17 15:29:20

donwil2011
Website

Perhaps you should re-consider, or maybe you should attend a market where customers have little patience with inefficient automated systems.  Your system is really quite good, but reality is important to observe.

#4 2012-06-17 21:49:54

admin
Administrator

The reality is that after attending trade shows and supporting customers using our various mobile order-taking systems at shows for the last 20+ years, yours is genuinely the first time we've been asked for this feature. Your request has been added to the development wish list but unfortunately hasn't made it to the top as yet.

#5 2012-07-07 10:47:03

Mattm

Can i add my concern on this one too? I'm really surprised that more People haven't had a major problem with this.

Having just about got the app to where I want it as far as data and images are concerned, I've only just realised that I can't edit customer info from the iPad. As a user that at the moment doesn't link to a back office system this is a real problem.

My customer info is only as good as the database of the companies that I represent. In some cases the info is detailed but in many it's poor.

It's really really important for me to be able to add missing email addresses or phone numbers when I'm in a call. Also things change and customers change or add delivery addresses and there seems to be no way of adding a new address while in ba call either. I'd have to give them a completely new account number.

I would say that this update would be a priority for any serious user of this app.

Without the ability to update customer details in a call i will have trouble convincing the other 9 users at the main company that I am setting this up for to use it.

From my point of view you need to be able to:

Add new delivery address
Add missing email address, phone number etc
Edit wrong address details

Hope this can be added soon

#6 2012-11-20 16:45:11

mmsales

Any more progress with the 'Updating Customer Information' feature?

#7 2012-11-20 18:53:29

Kaycee

I would like to add my voice to this one too. There are a lot to us on the road who need the basic ability to amend customer details "on the fly". It appears the developers are concerned more with companies who buy in to the back office system packages.

#8 2012-11-20 18:59:13

Kaycee

admin wrote:

The reality is that after attending trade shows and supporting customers using our various mobile order-taking systems at shows for the last 20+ years, yours is genuinely the first time we've been asked for this feature. Your request has been added to the development wish list but unfortunately hasn't made it to the top as yet.

I find this a rather strange statement. I have attended Trade Shows for the past 15 years and this is such an integral part of customer management. The ability to create, amend new/existing customer details is a fundamental aspect of any order taking function.

#9 2012-11-21 10:17:54

admin
Administrator

mmsales wrote:

Any more progress with the 'Updating Customer Information' feature?

There's been some progress behind the scenes regarding this feature and we're hoping to have something to announce in the first part of 2013.

#10 2013-04-20 16:47:55

donwil2011
Website

Has there been any progress toward the announcement concerning the "Updating Customer Information from iPad" you hoped to make in the first part of 2013?

#11 2013-04-22 11:14:40

admin
Administrator

Progress has been slower than we wanted on this item due to various factors but it's still being worked on.

#12 2013-04-23 08:48:47

giftscribes

We have just downloaded sales presenter and find it very annoying that you cannot alter customer details from the i pad I think this is something that should be addressed as customers do change contact details etc

#13 2013-07-26 21:47:22

donwil2011
Website

Has there been any progress toward the announcement concerning the "Updating Customer Information from iPad" you hoped to make in the first part of 2013?  The last post from admin was on Feb. 9 2013.  Where are we now?

#14 2013-07-29 17:48:03

admin
Administrator

We are still working towards a solution for this but, as mentioned above at the back end of April, progress has been slower than we wanted due to various factors.

#15 2013-12-07 22:12:56

Keztek61

I believe you have a great app and you have added some of my suggestions including customer history and i must say it is a better integration then my current app im using.

This would now have to be about the only thing stopping us from using your app just to add weight to others that are frustrated not having this feature.

Not all back offices are setup for integration of customers and most of the order integrations are thru an upload module not fully integrated thru an api.

Also back offices tend to keep a different set of contacts around account management which has very little help to a sales rep whom needs the buyers details that change regularly along with emails etc.

Just my 2 bobs worth

Merry Xmas all smile

#16 2013-12-09 15:38:52

admin
Administrator

Merry Xmas too.

Thank you for your feedback. We take on board what you're saying and can appreciate the frustration being caused by the lack of this feature at present.

#17 2014-05-09 15:53:08

fortune77

Are you any closer to enable the sales team to amend the delivery address while on the road?

#18 2014-05-13 14:55:49

admin
Administrator

We are closer but not quite ready to announce anything this quarter.

#19 2014-05-15 11:37:45

Heathcote

Yes we really need this functionality too.

#20 2014-09-27 08:50:57

michael@bombki.co.uk

Have you sorted this

I really need to add this function as well as my buyers keep changing and details of addresses keep changing which need to be changed

any progress ?

regards

#21 2014-09-29 10:20:13

admin
Administrator

Progress has been made and something will be available in the coming weeks but we are unable to provide any more information or an ETA at this time.

We suggest you subscribe to the Version History topic to ensure you get an email notification whenever we post details of changes to new releases of Sales Presenter - http://www.bacapps.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?id=26

#22 2014-10-30 15:32:00

Heathcote

When opening a new customer account on the ipad. Where do you enter the delivery address if its different to the billing address or create anew delivery address on an existing account. This is causing our sales team a lot of trouble. Thanks

#23 2014-10-31 13:36:54

admin
Administrator

Presently you can only create one address for a customer account on Sales Presenter. Additional delivery addresses will need to be added to your back-office system.

#24 2014-10-31 13:41:19

Heathcote

Yes but when taking an order from a customer this is often the case where the invoice and delivery address are different. this is quite a major problem for us. I know its been asked for by lots of other people over the past couple of years. Surely this should become a priority.  Thanks

#25 2014-10-31 17:31:35

admin
Administrator

At the moment, you will need to put the delivery address for the new customer in the Special Instructions field on the order.

• Index
  •  » General
  •  » Customer information updating at POS

Board footer

Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, iPod touch, iPad and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
© Copyright 2009 - Blue Alligator Company Limited. All rights reserved.