Home Cloud Account Management Support Forums Downloads About Us  

Blue Alligator Support Forums

Support for the Blue Alligator applications

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-01-26 09:48:40

JardinopiaJohn

Sorting customers by area for reps

Hello,

I've recently joined a company, and the Blue Alligator system was set up by the previous Manager.

On the presenter, all the reps can see all of the customers for the whole country, so its difficult for them to weed out any accounts they are missing/not visiting.

I've amended the customer list, changing the Repcode from their name to the area - like North, south, east, west.

I've then changed the repcode in the reps upload, to match.

When I then go to the restrictions and choose the relevant area for each rep, it doesn't change anything on the presenter.

May I ask the official way to do this?

#2 2024-01-29 14:37:02

admin
Administrator

Re: Sorting customers by area for reps

You've performed all of the steps to correctly set up Rep Restrictions. It should be noted though that any restrictions applied to a device will only take effect on the device once the user performs their next Download From Cloud in SalesPresenter.

After a download, if this is still not working as you'd expect, can you provide the Device Name of the iPad you've been testing this on so we can investigate further?

#3 2024-01-29 14:49:43

JardinopiaJohn

May I ask, did you take a look at our cloud?

I currently have the original CSV's reinstated as I couldn't get it to work - plus when I did upload the new CSVs, one rep couldn't access and it asked him to re-register.

If you are able to take a look again at everything, i'll re-upload everything and then you can take a peek?

p.s. Also, when a new customer is entered, does this automatically update the customer CSV, or do you manually have to add them?

#4 2024-01-29 17:43:51

admin
Administrator

From your description in your original post it sounds like you had performed all of the steps correctly, however we didn't take a look at the data setup to verify those aspects. We did notice though that the devices connected to your Cloud account had not recently performed a Download From Cloud in SalesPresenter, so this seemed likely to be the reason that your devices were not seeing the restrictions applied.
If you'd like to reinstate the setup of your Rep Restrictions, we'd be happy to take a look for you if it is still not working. You'd just need to provide the name of the device you're testing on.

We're not sure what you mean regarding the rep getting a message asking him to "re-register" as there is no registration needed on the devices to access the data, just the Device Pairing Details that would have been entered into the Download Manager > Settings screen previously on their device which will not have been affected by the introduction of rep restrictions. Let us know if this reoccurs, ensuring to note the exact message the user is shown.

Lastly, when a new customer is created in SalesPresenter, this does not automatically update the customer CSV file on your Cloud account. There are options for users who have their Cloud account integrated to their ERP system to have orders and new customers created in SalesPresenter imported into their ERP system, and conversely for that information along with any other data changes (including stock and price changes) to then be passed back to the Cloud automatically.
For users maintaining their data and uploading the files to the Cloud manually, the customer CSV file must too be updated manually with any new customers created in SalesPresenter.

#5 2024-01-31 09:25:53

JardinopiaJohn

Thank you - that's great.

Ill upload the CSV's now - i'll be using Mark Ipad under the registrations.

Essentially, I want to link the areas in the customeraccounts.csv to the reps.csv - so North rep, as North customers.

Please let me know when you're able to take a look.

Thank you again.

#6 2024-01-31 11:00:40

admin
Administrator

It looks like the setup of the CustomerAccounts and Reps CSV files is correct, so you should just need to apply one or more rep codes to the "Mark's iPad" device via the Edit Restrictions button on the Registered Devices screen of your Cloud account.

Once you've done that you can then perform a Download From Cloud on that device, and following your download when you use the Log In button in SalesPresenter you'll only see the rep code(s) that you restricted your device to. You'll also only see the customers that are assigned to the rep code(s) that you restricted your device to when going into the Customer Enquiry screen in the app too.

A helpful tool to see how many customers your device has access to, as well as much other information, can be found in the Download Manager > Database Information screen in SalesPresenter. You should see a heading in there called "Customer Data:" followed by the total number of accounts in the system with the number that is "Viewable" on this device also shown. So for instance you may have 500 Accounts, but only 60 of them are viewable due to the rep restrictions that have been applied to this device.

#7 2024-01-31 11:18:42

JardinopiaJohn

Wonderful - thank you for your help!!!

#8 2024-01-31 12:36:29

JardinopiaJohn

Is there a way for reps to export all the contacts they have on their presenters into a spreadsheet, so we can upload at our end?

#9 2024-01-31 15:46:29

admin
Administrator

Unfortunately this is not possible.

Board footer

Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, iPod touch, iPad and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
© Copyright 2009 - Blue Alligator Company Limited. All rights reserved.