Home Cloud Account Management Support Forums Downloads About Us  

Blue Alligator Support Forums

Support for the Blue Alligator applications

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-01-18 14:39:49

Hollieinc

Product Description

Hi.
I happen to want to change a description of a item to be able to identify on the ipad.

I added ** to the description, "Cut Steel 115x2.4mm" now became "Cut Steel 115x2.4mm **"

It showed in the updated CSV, But when I used the code on the IPad i got a nil result. when i checked an order that had had the item it reported "NO LONGER IN USE"

If this works then could I use it to limit/Block a stock item name that is no longer in use?

Thanks.

#2 2023-01-19 11:52:21

admin
Administrator

Re: Product Description

When an item shows as "Product no longer on record", it means that the product code associated with that order line is no longer part of the current Products CSV file on the cloud account.

Looking at the product that has the description you mentioned, it seems that the Product Code was first added during an upload shortly before your post, so I'd imagine that in the process of changing the description to the original product, the Product Code was also changed hence you getting "Product no longer on record" showing (since it now doesn't match the current code).

The ideal way to block an item that you still wish to see the details of but do not want your users ordering would be to make use of the DoNotSell field on the Products file type. Setting the value to "True" for a product will stop users from being able to order the item, but it will mean that it will show in the order acknowledgements for historical orders.

#3 2023-01-19 12:22:06

Hollieinc

Re: Product Description

Thanks,

Board footer

Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, iPod touch, iPad and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
© Copyright 2009 - Blue Alligator Company Limited. All rights reserved.