Home Cloud Account Management Support Forums Downloads About Us  

Blue Alligator Support Forums

Support for the Blue Alligator applications

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-06-21 11:34:44

ScentimentGifts

Product Quantity

Hi,

I have set up our account so that reps can only order products in the quantities they are packed in, ie candles are packed in boxes of 6 so when we put the order through the app, pressing the plus button once adds 6 pieces. If the plus button is pressed again, the quantity goes up by 1 piece, rather than by another 6.

Please can you advise what I need to do to ensure the quantities go up in sets rather than single pieces?

I'm sure it's obvious but I can't see for looking!

Thank you

Sammy

#2 2022-06-22 13:41:26

admin
Administrator

Re: Product Quantity

It sounds like you've set up your system to work with the MinOrdQty (Minimum Order Quantity) field, though from what you've described of your desired outcome you'd instead want to utilise the OrdMultiple field, both found in the Products CSV file. If you were to set this to 6 for a product in your Products file, ensure that the OrdMultiple field has been mapped for that file type via the File Management > File Mappings section of your cloud account, and then switch ON the following option found in the Configuration > Order Types section, you should find that the system behaves in the way you would like when pressing the plus/minus buttons for that product.

Tick this box if you want Rapid Entry and the Plus/Minus buttons to observe minimum order quantities during order entry.

By default, order quantities are increased or decreased decreased by either 1 of the current entry unit or by the order multiple (as configured elsewhere).

Using this option ensures that the resulting ordered quantity doesn't fall below the minimum order quantity set for the product. When increasing the ordered quantity, it will be bumped up automatically if it is below the minimum. When decreasing the ordered quantity it will be set to zero (effectively taking it off order) if it falls below the minimum.
Observe minimum order quantities:

Please note that if using the OrdMultiple option, you should ensure that each of your products always has a non-zero value in that field in your uploaded Products CSV file. Don't forget to run a Process Files on your cloud account after uploading a new Products CSV file and adjusting the mappings as per the above instructions.

You can further limit the users from manually entering a quantity (using the Qty box in the product detail screen) that is not a multiple of the OrdMultiple figure for a product. The following option to do this can also be found in the Configuration > Order Types section of your cloud account:

Action to take when the user attempts to order a quantity that isn't a multiple of the OrdMultiple value for the product

By default this is set to "Let the user order the quantity", but it can be set to instead warn the user, or stop them from doing it entirely.

#3 2022-06-23 11:01:23

ScentimentGifts

Thank you for coming back to me. I have followed your instructions but the items are still increasing by 1 instead of the OrdMultiple quantities. Is there something else that could be overriding this?

I have deleted the products CSV file, made the amendments then uploaded the file, checked and amended the file mappings and then gone into the configuration settings as advised. I have processed the files and then downloaded onto the ipad several times to make sure I haven't missed anything but products are still increasing by 1.

Is there anything else you can advise please?

#4 2022-06-23 13:03:52

admin
Administrator

Apologies, the first configuration I intended to point you towards in our last post should instead be the following one found in Configuration > Order Entry:

By default, the plus and minus buttons during order entry increment and decrement the order quantity by one of the current ordering unit.

Tick this box if you want the buttons to alter the order quantity by the OrdMultiple value specified for the product instead

If you switch this one ON, the buttons will behave as you are wanting.

#5 2022-06-23 13:33:46

ScentimentGifts

Brilliant, thank you! That's all working now smile

Board footer

Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, iPod touch, iPad and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
© Copyright 2009 - Blue Alligator Company Limited. All rights reserved.