Home Cloud Account Management Support Forums Downloads About Us  

Blue Alligator Support Forums

Support for the Blue Alligator applications

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-04-08 13:15:50

ScentimentGifts

Discounts and Sales Tax

Hi,

When I finish an order and preview the acknowledgement, the discount isn't showing. We have a number of customers who receive specific discounts, which I have checked are on the CSV file but this is not being deducted from the total. The Sales Tax is also not showing - please can you advise?

Thank you

Sammy

#2 2022-04-11 13:37:09

admin
Administrator

Re: Discounts and Sales Tax

When you are creating the order, if you go into the Product Details screen (by tapping on a product thumbnail), you will see the Discount field there for the order line. Is that Discount field being populated with what you'd expect from the DefaultDiscount that you've applied to that customer in the CustomerAccounts CSV file?
If you could create an order for a customer that you'd expect to have discount, and then upload that order to your cloud account via the Download Manager screen, we'll be able to investigate further.

To see Sales Tax in SalesPresenter, there is a bit of setup needed in order for the system to know which products and customers are taxable and at which rate. Please see the following video on our YouTube channel for instructions on how to set this up - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdA_TwyG_KM

#3 2022-04-13 10:36:11

ScentimentGifts

Thank you for coming back to me. The discount field on the product is not being populated but I can see that each customer with a discount has the correct default discount on their account. I have uploaded the order to our cloud account - please could you have a look and advise? It sounds like I've missed something.

Thank you for the link, I will see if I can follow the video to set up the tax.

#4 2022-04-13 15:51:40

admin
Administrator

Since the Default Discount for the customer is appearing for you, but that discount is not showing when looking at the products during Order Entry, it sounds like you may have mapped the ProhibitDiscount field for the Products file type and set each of your products to "TRUE", "YES", or "Y". This would stop those products from being allowed to have a discount applied by any means.

#5 2022-04-14 11:53:00

ScentimentGifts

Thank you, that's what the problem was. Discounts seem to be working now.

I have followed the Sale Tax video and now have the Sales Tax column on the acknowledgement but the column is empty and it doesn't seem to be calculating the tax. I have created, uploaded and mapped the Sale Tax Groups and Sales Tax Matrix files but can't see where I've gone wrong. Would someone be able to have a look and advise please?

#6 2022-04-19 13:53:23

admin
Administrator

We can see that there is an issue with the Sales Tax Code showing against the order lines on the order acknowledgement, so we'll investigate that further. The value of the tax is being totalled up correctly though at the bottom of each order acknowledgement since the changes you made following your last post.

Board footer

Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, iPod touch, iPad and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
© Copyright 2009 - Blue Alligator Company Limited. All rights reserved.