Home Cloud Account Management Support Forums Downloads About Us  

Blue Alligator Support Forums

Support for the Blue Alligator applications

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-01-18 13:36:56

Simon Lynch

Sales Presenter Crashing

Hi, This morning, I was demonstrating Sales Presenter for some users who are going to Spring Fair.  My iPad "crashed out" of Sales Presenter and went back to the home screen about 5 times in one hour.
The first time was when I was clicking on linked-product images at the foot of another product page, but other times I was just navigating around various catalogues.  Two of the users in the demo were experimenting on their iPads during the meeting and their Sales Presenters crashed, too.  Sales Presenter is normally very stable, so can't identify what the issue might be.  All 3 of us who had issues are on version 1.9.3.  I'm currently on ios15.1  Any help greatly appreciated, especially with Spring Fair on the horizon.  Many thanks, Simon

#2 2022-01-18 16:05:22

admin
Administrator

Re: Sales Presenter Crashing

If the application crashes when tapping on a Linked Product, this would likely indicate that the product you were trying to get to doesn't exist in the Products data uploaded to the cloud. You should be careful not to reference any products in the Linked Products CSV file that aren't also present in the Products CSV file.

Are you able to identify any other specifics regarding the other crashes you experienced?

We do recommend users utilise the orientation lock on their devices whilst using SalesPresenter, but would also recommend ensuring that there isn't an excessive number of applications running in the background, and that the device is rebooted every now and then. A combination of these three things should eliminate the cause of most crash instances. We have a video guide covering each of these things - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnVLrWBYhCw

#3 2022-01-18 16:12:13

Simon Lynch

Thanks for the response.  I was thinking the same way about the linked products, but they did exist and sometimes the links worked without crashing.  The other crashes just seemed to be at random points when navigating, such as clicking off a product detail screen to get back to the grid.  As it happens, I do normally have the the orientation lock on, but I turned it off for the demo so that I could show the users both ways of displaying the App. 

Is this something that is "known" to add to issues?

I will test using it with the lock back on, and see how it reacts.  If this does prove to be causing issues, I can issue an instruction to keep it on.
Thanks, Simon

#4 2022-01-19 11:44:51

admin
Administrator

We do tend to recommend keeping the orientation lock switched ON whilst using SalesPresenter, as we have found that some versions of iOS can encounter issues when moving between screens in applications following a device rotation. This is something we're always actively working to improve on in SalesPresenter of course.

You'll find that having your users follow the steps in the video provided in our previous post should prevent the application from crashing for them. The instance you described when using the Linked Products though does sound more like it was caused by an invalid product being referenced in the data uploaded, so you'll certainly want to investigate that one further.

#5 2022-01-19 11:48:16

Simon Lynch

Hi, you were quite correct about the linked product (of course!).  Someone had removed one of the codes from the system without informing me...
I've tested with orientation lock ON and not had the same issues.  I will send out a note to users to ensure this is ON, especially when at Spring Fair.  Thanks for your help, regards, Simon

Board footer

Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, iPod touch, iPad and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
© Copyright 2009 - Blue Alligator Company Limited. All rights reserved.